Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Male Betta



I had to make a trip to our local Walmart today and noticed in the pet section that they were selling Male Bettas on the shelf like regular merchandise. Our Beach Walmart doesn't sell live pets or fish usually and they have no tanks set up. These poor fish were in small plastic containers in filthy water. So we decided to rescue a white with red fins Betta and add him to our 4o gallon tank. The other fish are curious about him and his long flowing fins but not overly so. But he seems TERRIFIED by his new tank mates. I am guessing he has spent most of his life so far all alone in a plastic cup. Hopefully he will adjust to other fish and tank activity around him as I would like to think I rescued him and offered him a better life. I added the best photo of him I could take along with a pic of the tank overall. Wish him luck, His name is Sparta.

No comments:

Post a Comment