Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We made it


Well everyone, sorry its been so long since my last post, but WE MADE IT. As most of you already know, we broke down in South Carolina on the way here to Florida and had to leave our Land Rover behind. But with the use of a rented Uhaul truck, we arrived at St Andrews State Park in Panama City Beach Florida on March 4th. We are all set up and settled in our tent. Its an average size dome tent (Target brand) and its a tight fit but we are comfortable. The weather here hasn't been the greatest since we arrived , but it is starting to improve. I hope to start posting to the blog much more often and keep everyone up to speed on what we are doing. We have had some leaking issues in the tent with two hard rains since we arrived but hopefully some seam sealer and waterproof spray has fixed that issue. The pets don't seem to mind the cramped quarters as even in a mansion, they all would want to be on top of us anyways. I found out I can pick up free Wi-fi from the Marriott resort located right across the lagoon. So just a short bike ride from our site to the boat ramp puts me in touch with everyone. So everyone, keep watching and reading and I will do my best to keep blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment