Monday, March 1, 2010

Last Walk





Ok, I know I said my last post was "My last post for North Carolina" and now here I go again. (I really love this blogging thing) We took a last walk around Edenton today. I rarely step outside my front door without a camera and today was no exception. As we were leaving the house, Rocco asked why I was taking my camera. He figured I had photographed everything worth taking pictures of in this town. But if you take the time to get out and really look, there is always something new and exciting to find, even if it is in your own backyard. Even if its nothing new, it might be something you have seen before but today was a chance to see it from a new perspective or a different angle. Like the tiny buds of the Dandelions that were poking out from the still brown winter ground, or the seagulls all lined up on the railing along the waters edge, or the Canadian geese as they were foraging along the waterfront. It might be simple things that surround you on a daily basis, But I think we should all take time to stop and smell (and maybe photograph) the roses.

2 comments:

  1. I like all of your pictures but I LOVE the gulls! We had a stray one in the grocery parking lot the other day and it really made me miss'em! I hope he got where he was going safe and sound! Hope y'all do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I would be truly honored if you gave your poetic advice on my blogs of poetry and if you like follow them I would greatly appreciate it.

    Most sincerely,
    Grant-Grey Guda

    http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

    http://humanicanagold.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete